One of the joys of my work is when I go into schools and I meet incredible staff and children. And sometimes when I am in school I catch glimpses, or on this occasion hear notes tinkling down the corridor, that tell me there are very creative individuals and within the school.
Last week I was in Westbrook Old Hall Primary School, just walking along the corridor enjoying the peace and the respect that comes from the children here… when all of a sudden I heard the most irresistible music coming from a classroom… so I just had to go in!
It was fabulous happy rhythms and a glorious tune… poor old kids suddenly saw this stocky, middle aged woman break into her special dancing – in fact other adults started to dance too, the children swayed – their samba instruments urging us to even more crazy dancing … it was one of those wonderful moments when you know why you got into teaching in the first place. Then it turns out that the teacher at the head of it all had actually written it himself… the wonderful John Oates is a marvellous music teacher who writes many songs I discovered later… anyway I would like you to discover this marvellous song and this is the way you can do it…
Good luck to John with his musical creations and future songs and thank you!
Website Editor’s Notes
1. Jenny Mosley delivers keynote speeches, seminars and workshops at conferences and training events including headteachers’ conferences. For further information about Jenny’s work and availability please phone 01225 767157, email firstname.lastname@example.org or see our training section on the website.
2. For more information about Conferences, Closure (INSET) Days and Working in School Days for positive behaviour, social and emotional skills develoment, staff well-being, circle time and lunchtimes and playtimes in mainstream and special schools – click here.
3. Jenny Mosley’s training, consultancy and conferences are for teachers, teaching assistants, headteachers, midday supervisors and everyone who works with children in primary schools and early years settings.
4. Jenny Mosley’s Golden Model and training helps to promote positive behaviour, pupil voice, calmer lunchtimes and playtimes, SMSC, PSHE and British Values.
5. To see details of one of Jenny Mosley’s latest books ‘How to Create Calm Dining Halls’ – click here.
6. To see all resources for schools, dining halls and playgrounds – click here.