The new Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) funding equates to up to £300 extra per year for each disadvantaged child who meets eligibility criteria. This money will amount to a staggering £50 million for 2015 – 2016 and will be given to early years providers who are delivering funding entitlement to 3 and 4 year olds.
Let’s hope that this major funding development for early years and childcare sectors can make a very positive difference. Designed to support educational provision for eligible children, the task is now on for providers to establish the very best ways of increasing support and opportunity for the pupils most affected.
Full guidance for providers can be found HERE.
The Quality Circle Time (Golden) Model has been used in nurseries and Early Years settings by numerous practitioners to help create very positive and safe environments where young children can thrive. In the report ‘Intervening Early’ evaluators reported that the Quality Circle Time programme “can be used to enhance personal and social development and to develop a sense of self-worth… particularly for those with socialisation problems”. The report also states that “It provides opportunities to tackle difficult behaviours and can provide an opportunity for shy, quiet children to find their voice”.
“Intervening Early” (2002) is a snapshot of approaches that schools can use to support children to reach their full potential. The Whole School Quality Circle Time Model was recommended in this publication as “an effective approach primary schools can use to help pupils to get the best from school.”
Jenny can bring the Quality Circle Time model straight to your setting using EY Pupil Premium funding or via one of our very low cost training options. We can hold an early years open training conference (Early Years training) – your staff could be trained for free (just providing light lunches, teas and coffees) and we can invite in neighbouring practitioners to share the day for a small fee. It works really well and everyone gains!
To find out more, or to discuss your options please phone 01225 767157 or email email@example.com
Website Manager’s Notes:
1. Jenny Mosley runs successful and transformative positive behaviour for learning, circle time and social skills, fun, and lunchtimes and playtimes training –Click here to see all forthcoming public conferences that anyone can attend.
2. Many schools book Jenny Mosley for a training day, conference or a Working in School Day. For enquiries about training workshops, keynotes and open conferences, please phone 01225 767157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. For all other training enquiries – better behaviour for learning, improved social and communication skills, circle times, working with parents as partners and more, phone 01225 767157 or email email@example.com.
4. Resources to support all Jenny’s training are available on our website www.circle-time.co.uk/shop
5. To see our Early Years resources go to: https://www.circle-time.co.uk/shop/age-group/early-years-2
6. Jenny has worked closely with the National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA), contributing to their conferences and collaborating to produce Early Years resources.