With spring just around the corner, many of us are turning our thoughts to playgrounds and how to make them calm, positive and enjoyable places. As many playground issues stem from children being bored and lacking the skills to make friends and cooperate well, zoning is a great way of organising your playground and encouraging positive behaviour. Playground zoning creates opportunities to help children channel their energies and use their time in imaginative and creative ways, which in turn helps you to make better use of your space and enables the playground to be shared more fairly, preventing bigger games like football from taking over.
Our colourful, durable, pre-drilled Outdoor Playground Zone Signs zone signs can be placed on fences, walls or stands to clearly flag your zones and we now have 22 amazing zone signs to choose from! We also have our interchangeable zone stands, which means you can rotate the zones and keep playtimes fresh and inspiring!
We recommend appointing teams of Playground Zone Managers – children, who have applied for and have been ‘interviewed’ for the role – to help ‘manage’ the zones and who work closely with Midday Supervisors to help playtimes run smoothly. During the interview children applying for the role would outline their and favourite playground games and ideas for their favourite zone, and indicate a willingness to help with the getting out and putting away of equipment and be happy to assist generally within that zone. Our smart Zone Manager tops and hats will certainly get them noticed in the playground, so please CLICK HERE to see our Zone Manager hats and tops.
CLICK HERE for our Zoning Value Pack
CLICK HERE to see all our signs! Customisable signs are available, please just call us on 01225 719204 for more information.
Jenny Mosley can also come into your school to train lunchtime supervisors and MDSAs and children during an ordinary school working day – looking at positive behaviour, dining halls, playgrounds, social skills and well-being. We also run open training conferences around the country throughout the year. To find out more about Jenny Mosley’s Training & Conferencing, lunchtimes training and playground training please phone us on 01225 767157 or email email@example.com or CLICK HERE
“Through playing, children are creating their own culture, developing their abilities, exploring their creativity and learning about themselves, other people and the world around them. Children need and want to stretch and challenge themselves when they play. Play provision and play space that is stimulating and exciting allows children to encounter and learn about risk. This helps them to build confidence, learn skills and develop resilience at their own pace.” (Play England 2007)
Website Editor’s Notes
- Jenny Mosley runs successful and transformative training conferences and courses for Early Years and Primary education. Courses focus upon improving social skills, positive behaviour for learning and Circle Time for social skills, as well as ‘Powerfully Positive Lunchtimes and Playtimes and ‘Calm Dining Halls’ training – CLICK HERE to see all forthcoming ‘Open’ training conferences for Early Years and primary that anyone can attend.
- For all other training enquiries – better behaviour for learning, improved social and communication skills, circle times, working with parents as partners and more, phone 01225 767157 or firstname.lastname@example.org or CLICK HERE
- For Outdoor Zone Signs and our interchangeable zone sign stands CLICK HERE and for Zone Manager resources CLICK HERE
- For resources to support your Zones and Zone Managers CLICK HERE
- Jenny’s latest book ‘How to create Calm Dining Halls is out now CLICK HERE to buy!
- Resources to support all of Jenny’s training are available on our website www.circle-time.co.uk/shop