I was lucky enough to be working in a fabulous school in Wales a little while ago – Hawarden Village Church School in Flintshire. The children are so well behaved that I started to look around for clues as to where their rules were displayed. That is when I came across some superb posters (photos below) featuring some of our Golden Rules animal heroes. These feature in the Golden Rules Animal Stories. This resource is part of our Golden Rules range and children really need these stories if they are trying to understand the Golden Rules. Each story in the series focuses upon just one rule. The familiar animal characters in ‘Miss Beanie’s’ class all have adventures to help work through the Golden Rule for that book. So it was really thrilling to walk through the school to see Zelda Zebra, Miss Beanie, Gino Giraffe and the Crocodile from the big books on the walls of the school!
Website Manager’s Notes
1. For anyone who wanted to know a little bit more about the Golden Rules – these are simple rules that lead you beautifully to higher order values. Even with all the children helping to come up with their own Golden Rules at the start of the year, they usually all fall under each of the 6 headings of the Golden Rules below which are:
We Are Gentle… (ie respect for physical safety)
We Are Kind… (ie respect for people’s feelings)
We Work Hard… (ie respect for myself)
We Listen… (ie respect for others)
We Are Honest… (ie respect for truth)
We Look After Property… (ie respect for the environment)
2. We have some lovely new Playground Picture Circles showing the Golden Rules for the playground in a colourful and fun way!
Click Here to see all Golden Rules resources.
Click Here to see all Fantastic Lunchtimes resources.
3. Jenny has been working on British Values document that relates her Golden Model ideas to British Values. You can click below to download her British Values document.
4. Jenny Mosley runs successful and transformative positive behaviour for learning, circle time and social skills, and lunchtimes and playtimes training –Click here to see all forthcoming public conferences that anyone can attend]
5. Many schools book Jenny Mosley for a training day, conference or a Working in School Day. For enquiries about training workshops, keynotes and open conferences, please phone 01225 767157 or email email@example.com.For all other training enquiries – better behaviour for learning, improved social and communication skills, circle times, working with parents as partners and more, phone 01225 76715701225 767157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Resources to support all Jenny’s training are available in our website shop.