Really pleased – I love it when schools take the time to celebrate what’s going well as opposed to concentrating on yet another things they’ve got to do too quickly without basking in the lovely glow.
At a school I was at this week, it was great to see they’ve had a good OFSTED and they’ve really celebrated and made the most of it. They’ve made a beautiful big poster that will last a long time and will give everybody a real lift when they look at it. I wish all schools would find the good bits and blow their trumpets loudly! Some schools have a golden book, and if any parents or supply teachers say what a lovely time they’ve had they are asked it to write it In ‘The Book’!! Some schools have an ongoing ‘Above and Beyond’ board for staff, where everyone writes ‘thank yous’ on post-it notes. These notes are then put into a tombola and go into a draw and whichever one is pulled out gets a bottle of wine or chocolate. Whatever your approach is, your Staff Wellbeing Committee needs to come up with ideas to CELEBRATE all the good news.
Website Manager’s Notes
- Jenny Mosley is available for self-esteem boosting INSET training days, Working In School Days and for longer projects involving several schools for schools training like the Peterborough Model Above.
- If you are interested in booking just a day of training, Jenny runs open training conferences around the country throughout the year. Jenny also excels as an educational presenter at schools conferences, LA conferences and Headteacher conferences.
- The areas of Jenny’s expertise include training for positive behaviour for learning, training for midday supervisors and lunchtime supervisors to promote calm dining halls and healthy, active playgrounds, also training for promoting social and communication skills for learning and training for mental health and wellbeing.
- Jenny’s resources support all her areas of training and are available form her webshop.
- To contact us please phone 01225 767157 or email email@example.com or use the contact form on our website. We look forward to hearing form you.
- Do see Jenny’s Calm Dining Halls articles in Headteacher Update and the TES.