On Saturday 13th January Portsmouth City Council Early Years Services hosted their annual conference open to all Early Years Providers including nurseries, pre-schools, child minders and schools. The theme was ‘Growth Mind-Set’ Challenging Children and Building Resilience – with the full title: “Children – Nurturing Resilient and Determined Learners In The Early Years”. Jenny was invited, as one of two speakers, to offer an exciting and engaging after lunch welcome back key note speech on the conference theme, followed by a workshop.
The conference focused upon how practitioners can nurture a growth mindset in their settings, and was aimed at practitioners gaining a greater understanding of how children can become confident, resilient learners with a can-do attitude.
Jenny’s speech was entitled: “Our Energy is the Key to Unlocking Positivity”
The Workshops collectively included something for everyone with the titles:
• Workplace wellbeing – Fostering Resilient Staff
• Peace at Last -Resolving Conflict with Young Children
• I can do that! Resilience in the outdoor environment
• Helping Children and Adults Develop Resilience and Emotional Strength
• Implicit Theories of Intelligence (Mindset): Tips for impact with younger children
The conference was a great success, providing networking opportunities and and trade and information stands.
Website Managers Notes
- Jenny Mosley’s training and conferences for schools and early years settings is renowned for being fun, informative and practical. Contact us for Staff Wellbeing Training, Wellbeing Training for Primary Schools, Early Years Training, Circle Time for Early Years, Positive Behaviour Trainingand Lunchtime Supervisor Training
- Jenny’s webshopand cataloguehold a unique collection of Early Years resources including the best-selling Golden Rules Box Set and a lovely collection of both human and animal puppets.
- Jenny’s lunchtimes training days and workshops are sought after – INSET days– for lunchtime supervisors to playground gamesand much more, Jenny helps Midday Supervisors and Lunchtime Supervisors to help develop their practice. For enquiries about training in early years settings and schools please phone 01225 767157 or email email@example.com.
- For all other training enquiries – including our open conferences popular, held throughout the country through the year, please phone us – Behaviour for Learning, training for health and wellbeingand circle time workshops as well as training for working with parents as partners and more, Click Here or phone 01225 767157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.