(The photograph used to illustrate this blog post is not from the school mentioned in the blog, it is one from a while ago, but it sums up a feeling!)
Yippee – I have just been back to a school I have worked with a couple of times before (Orchard Infant School) and they have taken on all the ideas for lunchtimes.Outside there are wonderful things going on. Happy children, Oranges and Lemons, a Craze of the Week, Midday Supervisors holding hands in ring games, adults playing dressing up games alongside children and just a sense of great fun and laughter.
The Head, Julie, talks very movingly about how, prior to the change in the lunchtimes, she had endless queues of boys outside her office for ‘naughty behaviour’. She used to dread all the moaning she would have to do at them for various misdemeanours. And then she said the most astonishing thing, that since they have taken on all the new playground, lunchtime and circle time initiatives, she can’t remember the last time she had to tell a child off!! I felt like I wanted to retire immediately on that wonderful note. But life goes on…. 🙂
Website Manager’s Notes
- Read all about Dining Hall Helpers and how to introduce them to your dining hall systems in best selling “How To Create Calm Dining Halls” by Jenny Mosley.
- Jenny Mosley is available for better behaviour and lunchtimes and playtimes INSET training days, Working In School Days and for different length projects involving several schools for schools training.
- Find out about booking Jenny or attending open training conferences around the country throughout the year. Jenny also excels as an educational presenter at schools conferences, LA conferences and Headteacher conferences.
- The areas of Jenny’s expertise include training for positive behaviour for learning, early years training, training for midday supervisors and lunchtime supervisors, to promote calm dining halls and healthy, active playgrounds, also training for promoting social and communication skills for learning and training for mental health and wellbeing. To find out more about Dining Hall Helpers please ask.
- Jenny’s resources support all her areas of training and are available form her webshop.
- To contact us please phone 01225 767157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form on our website. We look forward to hearing form you.
- Do see Jenny’s Calm Dining Halls articles in Headteacher Update and the TES.